May 15, 2010

Micah's New Tricks ~

I'm not exactly sure how, but I managed to post this entry before anything was written or done with it. So, if you check our blog on a regular basis and saw a posting with half a title (actually, not even half... I posted it as I was trying to go back and change what I had typed) and nothing else, I apologize. Here's what I was trying to say ~

Micah has been learning all kinds of new tricks lately! He's gotten bigger, stronger, and LOUDER, and is an endless stream of entertainment and amusement! Diaper changing is now quite a challenge, as Micah has found his feet and now tries to pull them into his mouth whenever he's lying on his back... and he is working SO hard on figuring out how to sit up, which means he contracts his stomach muscles and pulls himself up on my arm when I'm trying to clean him up. Somehow, we manage to get it done, but life was so much simpler when he was less mobile! :)


Sitting up with the help of the boppy pillow ~


Sitting up on his own... kind of :)


Another trick that makes diaper changing interesting is ~ for some reason, Micah loves to try and see anything that is going on behind him. So, he'll be lying on his back, and basically arch his back and balance himself on the top of his head. I almost flipped him off of the changing table the other day when I picked his legs up to wipe him up and he arched his back and twisted! Yikes! That got my heart racing and made me realize I really have to start paying more attention to what I'm doing! :)
Demonstrating his new trick with the family watching


He also LOVES to be held so he is standing up, and can even hold himself up next to tables, couches, etc. Won't be long before he's doing that on his own, I'm sure! :)


I know I've said before that Micah has found his voice, but since then it has gotten about 100 times louder! He now screeches at the top of his lungs and makes all sorts of noises that turn anyone into a captivated audience. :) It's always a challenge to get a good video of Micah because any time the camera comes out, he's more interested in that then in doing whatever he was doing that got me to get the camera out in the first place. It seems to work better when one of us is keeping Micah distracted from realizing the camera is out. :) Here, he's demonstrating a bunch of his new tricks... talking, screeching, trying to get his feet into his mouth, and balancing on his head, to name a few ~


I could go on and on about the entertainment that is Micah, but I also wanted to post a few more pictures and videos from Mother's day and the weekend.

Here's my view of Micah playing with 2 of his 3 uncles ~


And here's what Uncle Jim got ~



Micah has some pretty goofy uncles! No doubt about that! :) And we love them all!

Aaron's family came down on Saturday to spend the day with Micah (well, all of us, but Micah was the main attraction) :) and Uncle Eric brought a slurpee with him, that Micah thought looked pretty good!


And Micah got to experience the toy boat in the nursery at church Saturday night. He thought that was pretty cool!


A few more random pictures ~

Tummy time with the mirror



Look at me, sitting up!


In the new swing at Auntie Tracy and Uncle Eric's ~



Playing with Uncle Eric ~


:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

Found ya! I love all the pictures of Micah!