September 11, 2010

2 Weekends up North ~

We spent the last weekend in August and the first in September in the U.P. attending a staff reunion at Lake Lundgren Bible Camp, the camp Aaron worked at for a few summers and visiting Aaron's parents. Since the LLBC reunion took place first, we'll start there...

LLBC

What a fun weekend! We got to catch up with some of Aaron's friends from back home and introduce Micah to them, and Micah and I got to experience the wonders of Lake Lundgren Bible Camp. It reminded me a lot of Timber-Lee, the camp I went to as a kid, but I know this weekend meant more to Aaron than any time at Timber-Lee would mean to me. I have good memories of being a camper there, but since I never worked at the camp, my memories are somewhat limited. Aaron spent several summers at LLBC as a counselor, and I could just see the love he has for this place all over his face while we were there. Memories of LLBC run deep for Aaron and it was extra special for him to get to share this weekend with his son.

We went swimming in the lake


...and played on the beach



Working hard ~ :)


Played on the playground






...and anywhere else that looked fun




Made a bunch of new friends...





...and got to see some old ones with their new ones :)




Watched Aaron being a "fine musician" on his tuba


...and will be following in daddy's footsteps when it comes to chipmunks at camp someday. (ask Aaron for that story!)



All in all, it was a wonderful weekend, filled with great times, and great friends.


LABOR DAY

The next weekend, we were back in Upper Michigan for Labor Day. We got to hang out with Grandpa and Grandma K, and met their friends George and Rosie who stopped by to say hi on Sunday morning.



I don't have too many pictures from this weekend, but I did manage to get one of Grandpa, Grandma and Micah wearing their "cool as a moose" t-shirts that came from Maine ~


And when we got home, Aaron ran out for a bit, leaving Micah and me home to wait for him. Micah was very anxious for daddy to come home! :)


We had a lot of fun these two weekends away, but it's always good to be home. :)

No comments: