The first thing we did to begin our Easter weekend was color some eggs. This was, at the same time, a huge riot, a huge mess, and a lot of fun. (and maybe one of my worst nightmares since I'm weird and don't like it when my hands get dirty... or, in this case, colored) :) But the bottom line is, we had fun doing it... mess and messy hands and all.
The "before" shot ~
Here we go!
The "after" shot ~

Easter morning, Micah received not one... not two... but three Easter baskets! Lucky boy! :) One came a day early, via the postman from Grandma and Grandpa K., and that one was filled with all kinds of goodies. A toy microphone that plays music and can record your own voice, a few books and other toys, animal crackers, plastic eggs filled with chocolates and other candy (which mommy and daddy shared a few with Micah), a few eggs which had coins in them, and the best part... fruit snacks. Ever since that box arrived in the mail, Micah has become obsessed with fruit snacks... to the point that we had to hide the box they came in to get him to think about something else! :) The positive side of this newfound love is that Aaron and I now have a way to make getting Micah into his car seat a little easier on ourselves. Micah has been putting up a tremendous fight any time we try to go anywhere because he has decided he wants to ride shotgun... or drive... rather than be confined to his car seat. Now, we bribe him with fruit snacks and the resistance is much less! Maybe that makes me a bad parent, but it works! and I am able to get into the driver's seat without already feeling road rage, so I think it's a win-win. :) Thanks, Grandma and Grandpa K! :)
Micah also got an Easter basket from Aaron and me, filled with a few bath toys, a ball and some sidewalk chalk. Much less exciting than what he received from the grandparents, but we figured we'd let them spoil him with the candy and then be able to blame them when he refused to nap because of all the sugar. ;)
Pops and Nee Nee also supplied an Easter basket for Micah, which had a few books and small toys, and plastic eggs filled with another obsession of Micah's... M & M's... as well as a few with coins in them. I think the best part of this Easter basket was the basket itself, which was Elmo. Elmo has become Micah's new favorite character these days, and any time he sees him, whether it's on a toy or book that we own or in a catalog for Toys R Us, he'll point and start saying, "Melmo, Melmo!" My mom even managed to find a few Elmo shaped eggs... where she comes up with this stuff, I will never know, but they were a huge hit! :)
We had Easter dinner at my parents' house with some extended family, and once we had eaten we got to work "hiding" some eggs for Micah to find. (I use the word "hiding" very loosely, as Micah is only 16 months old and doesn't really understand the concept of looking for eggs... or anything for that matter) :) My mom had filled a bunch of plastic eggs with coins and more M & M's, so we put those around the family room and turned him loose. Auntie Julie helped Micah find the eggs, which turned out to be a much longer process than anyone could have predicted, so thanks, Julie, for your patience! :) Because every egg was filled with something, the first thing Micah did when he found one was shake it and ask Julie to open it. Surprisingly (or maybe not-so-surprisingly), Micah was much less interested in the eggs with coins in them, but when he found one with M & M's in it, the hunt was put on hold while he devoured the candy. After about 2 M & M filled eggs, I looked around at all the eggs still hidden and decided I'd better save my son the incredible stomach ache he was bound to get if he was allowed to eat every single M & M in those eggs. So, I ran around and took most... not all, but most... of the M & M's out of the eggs, so rather than a big handful of candy, he got one or two pieces to enjoy. Maybe this makes me a bad parent too, but our dental insurance leaves something to be desired, and I was still hoping Micah would take a nap that afternoon, so I can deal with your criticisms. :)
"Hunting" for eggs with Auntie Julie ~
We had a great Easter weekend this year, and it was wonderful to be able to celebrate our Savior's resurrection and have fun with family and friends! So, thanks to the grandparents and everyone who helped make this Easter weekend so fun and so memorable!
2 comments:
Fun! I love the pics of him dipping the eggs in and then Aaron carrying him away from the eggs ;)
Maybe I should have started eating the M&Ms myself so he would stop asking me to open them... next year ;).
-Auntie Julie
Post a Comment