**my apologies for the dark-ness of the video...it was taken at about 8:00 at night**
Another fun thing to see is our boys playing together. Micah is a great big brother and is always asking if "baby do it too?" when he's playing with anything. :)
Caleb is also eating solid foods now, and now that he can really move, he makes a beeline for any food that's left within his reach!
He started clapping a little bit ago, and gets this huge grin on his face when we clap along. :)
Micah's milestones are probably not what most would consider typical milestones, but we are amazed by him, and very proud parents, so that qualifies them as milestones in my book. :)
First, he has figured out how to whistle! He's been doing this for a while now, but I was only able to get a decent video of it recently. It started when he would get excited about something and start breathing fast with his lips pursed. After a while, he started connecting his breathing with the noise he was making, and will now whistle pretty much any time he is asked. (unless he's preoccupied by something else) The funny thing is, now his whistle comes accompanied by a dance! :)
We've been taking Micah to gymnastics for over a year now, and he absolutely loves it! He is in the 24-30 month class at the gym I used to work at, and his class is just him and another boy named Shai. His teacher Miss Bonni, includes Caleb in the class too, which he loves! :) Micah is learning how to wait for his turn, follow directions, and many basic gymnastics skills... summersaults, donkey kicks, pike, straddle, butterfly, etc. The 24-30 month class does one rotation in the big gym, and Micah thinks that is just the coolest thing ever. This past week, he got to swing on a ring over the big foam pit, and jump on the big trampoline.


His vocabulary is growing by leaps and bounds daily, and Aaron and I find ourselves really watching what we say more than ever now that we have a little monkey who repeats almost everything we say! :) It is so fun to see him growing and learning, and we are constantly amazed at how quickly things change! Both of our boys are growing up so fast! Now I get what Kenny Chesney was saying with his song, "Don't Blink" ~
"Naw, don't blink
Life goes faster than you think"
It's amazing how fast these little ones are growing and changing, and how fast they learn new things. Even as I write this, Caleb is working on another milestone ... mastering the stairs!
Uh oh! :)
1 comment:
I just wanted to let you know that I think you should be able to edit your videos with iMovie when you have one that is too dark. Also thanks for sharing the blog. I know you're busy, but I love seeing what my little nephews are up to! :)
Post a Comment