I've grown up going to bottle band concerts, and having a wonderful time laughing and enjoying the unique way they make music. Micah, on the other hand, has only been to one concert... and that was a very mini-version of the actual show. (Some of the family did a brief performance at my cousin's wedding this summer.) However, despite his lack of experience with the bottle band, he seems to come by the various methods of playing the bottle quite naturally. During a rehearsal at my parents house back in June, Micah got a chance to participate... he didn't actually make any sounds, but he probably changed the pitches in the bottles from his drool! :)
And then yesterday, I was sitting at the computer while Micah was playing with his toys and all of a sudden I heard this tiny popping sound. I turned around, curious as to what was making that sound and saw Micah, sitting in a pile of toys, plucking his finger out of the smokestack on his Thomas train! I can't even do that and I've been trying for EVER! My fingers are just too small! And here's my son... not even 10 months old, plucking like a pro!
So, there you have it. I guess it's just a matter of time before Micah is dressing up in goofy costumes, marching into the gym at St. Luke's church along with the other members of the bottle band. I guess it's true, what my uncle says at each concert... "it's never too early to start your kids out in music, and for the cost of a six-pack, you can get him started in bottle music today!" :)
1 comment:
Wowee! I was impressed looking at Micah's form with the real bottles, but then to read on and discover that he's already plucking! I still can barely do that--maybe I just never had the right sized bottle for my fingers. Get that kid a six pack of (juice) bottles right away! :)
Post a Comment