December 1, 2010

California... part 4

We were all pretty worn out after our hike around the zoo, so we decided to have a more low-key day on Wednesday. Aaron found a childrens' museum in Palm Springs that we thought sounded like fun, so after yet another fairly lazy morning, we packed up and headed out. It was a pretty tiny museum, compared to some others I've been to, but there were more than enough things to keep a 19 month old and an 11 month old occupied and happy.

There were toys EVERYWHERE!




Time out for a quick spin in the car ~


Sandbox fun!




Micah playing with the balls ~





Our artists at work ~


Micah needed a little assistance from Daddy ~



Magnets ~


The archaeologists in full gear ;)




Rolling a ping pong ball down the ramps ~


The look on Aaron's face in this picture is priceless! I'm not sure if it says, "I love these kids, but please help!" or "I'm having flash forwards to this time next year and I'm not sure I'm ready for that..." or "aren't we cute?" :)


The gear wall ~


After the museum, we headed home and relaxed for a while before Lisa and I started making preparations for our Thanksgiving meal. More on that later, but I'll just say that I felt VERY grown up this year... making the turkey, and all the trimmings with NO help from mom or dad! What fun! :)

Story time before bed ~



No comments: