I LOVE the look on his face in this picture! :)

Checking out his new wheels...

...literally!
Making sure the horn works ~

Vroom vroom!
Aaron had the week right after Caleb was born off from work, so we had some good family bonding time that week, and it was great to have him around to help. Here are a few pictures of our first week together at home ~
Caleb settling in ~
Micah settling in ~
Micah has taken a major interest in the seat we have for Caleb. Interestingly enough, when Micah was Caleb's size, he was never terribly interested in the seat... which can also be used as a swing... but now that he has to share it, he's decided it's his new favorite thing. :)
My 3 favorite boys ~
So far, everything has gone pretty smoothly with the boys. Aaron went back to work this past week, but my mom came over and helped me out with the boys since I'm still not supposed to be lifting anything over about 10 pounds. I think that has been the hardest part of the whole recovery process. Since Micah is well over 10 pounds, but can't really comprehend that mommy just had major abdominal surgery and really can't be lifting him, the emotional side of recovering has been really tough! My heart just breaks every time Micah comes over to me with his arms up, wanting to be held, so (not surprisingly) I haven't exactly stuck to the whole "no lifting over 10 pounds. But, overall I'm feeling good and we're doing well as a family of 4.
I LOVE our life! I LOVE my boys! God is SO GOOD! :)
2 comments:
Congratulations again! So glad that you are all settling in well to life as a family of 4. Micah is so cute in his new car. Sophia went through a stage of wanting to play with all the baby things when Hannah was born to, and she nursed her new dolly (gift from Hannah when we came home from hospital) every time I nursed Hannah. Praying for a speedy recovery and lots of group nap times for you all! :)
As I told Lisa, you can be sure that between all the relatives at J&J's wedding you won't have to lift a thing! We're really looking forward to meeting Caleb, catching up with the Klingenmeiers in less than 2 weeks. May you recover quickly and find a few peaceful moments with you and your boys!
Post a Comment