August 1, 2011

July...

I am really having a hard time believing it's August already! June was a whirlwind because we were busy adjusting to having a new baby, and the beginning of July was crazy with family being in town for Jim's wedding... and after all that, I think we kind of shut down for a while to get back to "normal" around here and catch up on the sleep we'd been (and continue to be) so deprived of. And now it's August! Wow! So... I guess I'd better start by filling in the details of the month of July. :)

The fun started at the tail end of June, when my sister arrived with her family. It was so wonderful seeing the kids together and getting to meet the newest edition to the DeBoer family! There's probably too many details to put into one blog post, but they say a picture is worth a thousand words so I'll let the pictures do the talking... and put my two cents in where it's needed. :)

Caleb and Elin getting to know each other ~



My sweet niece ~ the rose among the thorns :)


Micah and Luke in their theater seats :)



Bath time after a long day of playing ~


Caleb meeting Great Uncle Randy ~


July 1, 2011 was my brother's wedding day... and what a beautiful day! The weather was just about perfect, despite predictions of 100 + degree heat, and the bride and groom looked happier than ever. I'm bummed because I don't have many pictures from the day... but I guess that's what happens when you're in the bridal party AND trying to keep up with 2 little ones. :) Here's what I do have from Jim and Julie's wedding ~


Cutting the cake ~


The handsome ring bearers watching the cake cutting ~


The boys got a little bored inside, but found a golf cart outside to play on :)



The day after the wedding, my parents had an open house at their place like they did after both Lisa's and my wedding, and the boys had a ball playing in the alligator pool in the back yard. I think Luke was trying to make sure Micah knew he was bigger and stronger... for now... as he tackled Micah in the pool. :)




We've got to be careful not to leave these two unsupervised for too long! :)


At the parade on the 4th of July ~




Sleepyheads ~


Playing with Nee Nee ~






We had a great time with my sister in town! And we can't wait to see them again over Thanksgiving! :)

* * * * * * * * * *

Once the dust had settled after all the excitement with the family, we got to work settling back into our everyday life and routine at home. Which included...

Micah's culinary expertise being shared with the family ~




Setting up Caleb's crib and getting the boys in the same bedroom... a transition we're still working on ~






Learning to share ~ it seems to come pretty naturally to Micah :)




Various construction projects ~



Fun in the water ~






And some family bonding ~







It's been a whirlwind month, and I apologize for my lack of blogging during July. Hopefully, now that things are back to whatever "normal" is for our family, I'll be more consistent... but no guarantees. :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Great photo recap, Erika! Sending many warm wishes from SC. <3 Heather

jeileenbaylor said...

great pics! Looks like a lot of fun :)