February 1, 2010

1 Month!!



I would really like to know what happened to January. I'm having the hardest time believing that Micah is 1 month old already! Actually, one month and one day, as I'm writing this. :) We were at the pediatrician this afternoon for his 1 month checkup, and he's doing great! He's gained almost 2 1/2 pounds since his last appointment, and grown 2 inches since we left the hospital. He weighs 10 pounds, 9 ounces, and is 22 1/2 inches tall. (75th percentile for both height and weight... so right on target) I guess we're doing something right! :)



Battle scar from, not his first shot... he had one at the hospital... but the first shot he got while mom and dad watched. We all did pretty well... Micah howled as the needle went in, but handled it like a champ.


A friend of mine suggested that we take a picture of Micah with the same stuffed animal or object every month to track how much he changes, which I thought was a great idea! We got this enormous bear as a shower gift, so I thought it'd be fun to take his picture with that and see how long it takes Micah to outgrow this bear. (I'm thinking it'll be a while, but probably not as long as we think)

Here, Micah is 1 week old...


Here, he's 1 month old...


Already, quite a difference! Our little guy is growing up... and it's happening SO FAST! :) My mom gave me an embroidered picture as a shower gift that has a poem on it about how things like cleaning house can wait because babies grow up so fast, so enjoy them while you've got them, and it's SO true! Being quite the "Monica Geller" myself, (at times neurotic about the cleanliness of the house) I thought I'd struggle to let go of my OCD with that, but since Micah's been around, I haven't been nearly as concerned with how clean the house is. :) I've been far too wrapped up in this little miracle, and not wanting to miss a second of his life! And I've got the insane amount of pictures of him to prove it! Here are just a few...

Some friends of ours gave Micah this adorable hat! This picture just makes me smile. :)


Aaron had said, before Micah was born, that no child of his would ever wear shoes unless they were necessary for walking. I thought I'd found a loophole for that when I found socks that looked like hightop sneakers, but when we got these shoes as a gift from our neighbors, I had to put them on him. Even Aaron agreed they were really cute. :)


One of our other favorite things about Micah these days is his ability to suck on a pacifier. He doesn't really hold it in his mouth for too long by himself, but when he does, he really goes to town! Since my dad is such a Simpsons fan, I compared Micah to Maggie Simpson once, and Dad/Pops thought that was pretty appropriate. :) I've never tried to post a video before, so I hope this works...



The first time we brought him to church, I thought to myself, "what will I do if he starts fussing during the service? I can't give him a pacifier.... that'll be louder than his fussing!" :) Thankfully, he's done really well the two times we've had him in church, and I haven't even needed the pacifier. The doctor told us today that we're in the middle of the fussiest time in his life, and that if he's not too fussy we should count our blessings. Which we are... and the fact that he's not terribly fussy is just one of the many blessings Micah has brought to our lives. We are incredibly thankful for him... we've had a great first month with him, and are looking forward to many, many more!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

the video didn't work for me but I love the pictures! AND the new background- super cute. Keep the posts coming! Welcome to the world of the avid blogger. :)

Anonymous said...

The video didn't work for us either, but, like Lisa, we love the pictures! Even though I just saw Micah this afternoon, I love reading what you share on your blog -- and I'm especially glad that you have taken the poem about not worrying about house-cleaning to heart. I'll be happy to come clean for you so you can just enjoy him.
We love you! Mom and Dad

Anonymous said...

Yeah! Now the video worked.
~ Mom, aka Grannie Jannie

Anonymous said...

Yay! Erika, your mom just showed me your blog and I love it! I will be sure to check for updates :) I miss Micah and hope to see him very soon!! Can't believe how much he has already grown!!!

Julie

Steph said...

Glad you put your blog address in Micah's birth announcement. It's amazing how fast they grow up, isn't it! He's adorable!