Mealtimes have never been more entertaining around our house! Now that Micah is eating solid foods, Aaron and I get quite a kick out of his reactions to the new tastes and textures. I've gotten pretty good at feeding him with one hand and having the camera in the other to capture some of his expressions, but to be honest, the pictures don't do it justice. Anyone who has ever given a baby his or her first taste of anything can attest to the fact that babies make some priceless faces! :) So far, Micah has had carrots, potatoes, applesauce, bananas, sweet potatoes, and squash. If I had to rank them in order of favorite to least favorite, I think it would go ~ bananas, applesauce, sweet potatoes, carrots, squash and potatoes. The squash and potatoes are tied for last place on that list. :) He's also had rice cereal and oatmeal, which rank somewhere in the middle... he seemed to really like them at first, but now that there are other things on his menu, he could take them or leave them. He definitely seems to prefer them more when they're mixed with something else... like oatmeal and bananas, for example.
Even though the pictures don't completely capture the amusement we experience at mealtimes, they'll give you an idea of what we get. Use your imagination... or, if you're ever in town, stop by for dinner... but you might want to bring a drop cloth. :)
Rice cereal ~




Carrots ~


Applesauce ~

Squash ~

I knew better than to try and take a video when I was feeding him by myself, but when we're all at the dinner table, one can feed Micah while the other documents the meal on video. :)
This is Micah's first experience with squash, and needless to say, he was not a fan.
Yes, we have been very entertained during mealtimes at our house. Sometimes, it goes really well and we can't seem to shovel the food in fast enough... other times it turns into a battle of wills, which I'm sorry to say, Micah has been winning so far. But we're just getting started, and the kid is definitely not starving, so I think we're doing okay. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment