July 17, 2010

Rice cereal man!

It's amazing what you remember from your childhood. And even more amazing the things that happen years later that remind you of those memories. When we were kids, my brother randomly decided one night that he didn't like potatoes. Being the stubborn child that he was, and also knowing that mom and dad wouldn't let him leave the table until his plate was clean, he found a loophole and "cleaned" the potatoes off his plate by rubbing them into his pant legs when my parents weren't looking. Once he had been excused from the table, he turned himself into "Mashed Potato Man" (which, as I remember it, was more like Frankenstein with potato pants on) and chased my sister and me around the house with his arms outstretched and yelling, "Mashed Potato Man!" I think once the terrorizing was over and we were getting ready for bed, his pants actually stood up on their own because of all the potatoes mashed into the legs! :) (That might be an exaggeration, but the idea makes me smile)

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find any pictures from this childhood memory, but I was able to take some of the incident that happened the other day that reminded me of "Mashed Potato Man". As I was giving Micah his rice cereal, apparently some either dropped down onto his pants, or he managed to get a handful... either way, he ended up rubbing the rice cereal into his pant legs. Obviously, being only 6 months old and not yet crawling or having any siblings, he wasn't able to terrorize anyone by chasing them around the house yelling, "Rice Cereal Man"! But I was amused enough to get out the camera and share my memory with you. :)

RICE CEREAL MAN!!!

Doesn't he look intimidating? :)

No comments: