July 30, 2010

More family fun!

We had way too much fun with Lisa, Matt and Luke this summer. They were here for almost 3 weeks, most of which was spent with us, and yet the time still managed to fly by. They've been back in California for a few weeks now, and here I am still playing catch up with pictures and stories. Oh well... now that Micah is crawling and has decided that naps longer than 15-20 minutes are long enough, it's harder to find time to sit down at the computer and update our blog. Thankfully, for the moment, Micah is content in his exer-saucer, and I have a few minutes to myself. :) (Emphasis on "few"... and in light of that, I'll stop rambling and just post some more pictures from our summer fun with cousin Luke and the family)

Fun in the pool ~


Pops looked mighty threatening with that hose! :)


Luke getting in on the fun ~


All together ~


It's amazing how difficult it is to get a decent picture of two boys under the age of two. I think I need a camera with a faster shutter speed because inevitably, someone is always blurry in the pictures. So... after taking a few pictures and realizing this was not working well, I went with the video mode. No one has to sit still for movies! :)

Fun times in the massage chair ~




See what I mean about the blurriness ~


This one's not too bad... keep in mind, I've been up since 3 am, and had just gotten home from work when this picture was taken. Good thing Luke is so cute! :)


Got your nose!


After a fun morning together, we headed to Lamb's Farm for the afternoon.

Playing on the tractor ~


We had fun seeing and petting the animals, and just walking around... but by far the most fun was the train ride! :)




The petting zoo was fun too...




The boys got a big kick out of trying on Pops' hat... Luke had it figured out all on his own, Micah needed a little help. :) I love how both boys have their mouths open in the pictures. :)



We also took a trip to Brookfield Zoo and spent the day walking around looking at the animals. I didn't have my camera handy, but Lisa got a few good pictures ~

Grannie and Pops with their grandsons ~


So cute! :)


Hugs for Uncle Jim on his birthday ~


We definitely had way too much fun with the family this summer! What a blessing to have such a close-knit family! And what a treasure the memories of our time together are!

No comments: