March 24, 2012

What do you think of when...

...you see a 2 year old running around with a big, fluffy bottom?


We started using cloth diapers back in October, and we LOVE them! No more realizing we're out of diapers as we're getting the kids ready for bed, no more contributing to landfills with stinky diapers, very few...if any... blowouts, and (believe it or not) we're saving money by not buying disposables every few weeks. The thing that took me the longest to get used to was the kids' big, fluffy bums. Cloth diapers are considerably poofier than disposables, so the boys definitely have "bubble butts"... which can make getting pants on and off a bit challenging. But, it's worth it to not have to run to Walmart at the last minute to buy diapers when we've run out. :)


So... what do you think of when you see a 2 year old running around with a big, fluffy bottom? Aaron thinks of "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" (which I didn't realize was a song by Trace Adkins until recently! I don't listen to a lot of country music). It's actually a fairly offensive song about a woman's behind, so I won't post the lyrics, but the title is definitely appropriate to describe my kids' bums in their diapers. But, they don't seem to mind their big bottoms...extra padding for when they fall down, I guess... and we're doing a little bit to help the environment. Plus the diapers are SUPER cute! :)

**Note ~ these pictures are some of the first ones I took of the boys in their cloth diapers, and while their bums are VERY fluffy, I still need to get some better pictures to really give you the full experience of the "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk" :) Stay tuned. :)





1 comment:

Tracy Migrin said...

Micah looks like a sumo wrestler