August 26, 2011
S.A.H.M. ... and other exciting news
Well, it's official. I have worked my last few hours at UPS. My last day, technically isn't until September 13 though, because I had a vacation scheduled for the week of Labor Day, and I figure it's worth it to get that extra paycheck! :) But my days of walking through the doors of UPS at 3:00 in the morning (and earlier!) are over. Truth be told, leaving work this morning was very bitter-sweet. It was hard saying goodbye to the people I've worked with for the last 5 years, and knowing that the amazing health insurance we've had through UPS is ending with my employment there, but it was wonderful to come home to a HUGE smile and hug from Micah, especially knowing I'll never have to leave my boys in the middle of the night to go to work again.
Making the decision to stay at home was a bit of a challenge, to say the least. Aaron had had his mind made up about me working since before we were married, but it took me a little (ok, a LOT) longer to get on board. And I still find myself wondering if this is really the best decision for us. But every time I start thinking I should keep working, God gives me some little confirmation that me not working is best. Case in point ~ I have been wrestling with this decision all day today, and when we got home this afternoon, I watched as Caleb rolled over from his back to his front for the first time and realized I do NOT want to miss those milestones with my kids because I'm working, or because I'm so exhausted from the crazy schedule that's required of UPS employees. I've always known my kids would be my top priority once they came along, and they absolutely are, I just didn't think leaving a job that I had only planned to work at for a few months (which turned into 5 years) was going to be so difficult.
But, we've made the decision for me not to work, and as of 8:30 this morning, I am officially a Stay At Home Mom, or S.A.H.M., for short. :) A few weeks ago, my friend shared this article with me, entitled "Stay at Home vs. Working Parents ~ Questions to help spouses bridge the communication gap", and I've been wanting to share it on our blog since I read it because it made both Aaron and me laugh out loud. So, if you're in the mood for a chuckle, click on the link below. And if you're part of a family where one parent works and the other stays home, I'd be interested to hear what you think of the article. Aaron doesn't work in an office setting, but we could definitely relate to a few of the scenarios laid out by the author! So, enjoy! And if you're a S.A.H.M. like me, I pray you're enjoying every second of your time with your kids! They are a tremendous gift from the Lord!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment